Volunteer Performers Wanted for Collaborative Musical Theater/Video Project. No experience necessary!
We are seeking volunteer performers for Unnamed Broadway Musical: The Musical! to participate in an unusual collaborative performance based on the experience of watching and/or listening to orphan themed musicals as a child.
The casting will be based more on the willingness and desire of the performers than on singing, dancing ability, or appearance. We hope to tap into a population who perhaps fantasized as children about being in a particular musical, but for whom it wasn’t a possibility perhaps because of gender, race, talent, or other circumstantial barriers.
We will create a new musical together under the direction of Sarah Cameron Sunde over the course of 5 weeks. Chris Berg will compose and direct the music and Pia Monique Murray will choreograph. The entire process will be recorded and edited into an experimental video by artist/organizer Kara Hearn.
Interested candidates should:
- Be available for all rehearsal and performance times
- Be 18 years or older
- Have a personal history/relationship with an orphan themed musical
- Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a brief description of your interest in the project
- Deadline: April 7th at midnight
- We will select applicants for Interviews/Auditions to be held on Saturday, April 14th
Rehearsal/Performance Times (all held at EFA Project Space, 323 39th Street, between 8th and 9th Ave.)
Artist/Organizer: Kara Hearn
Director: Sarah Cameron Sunde
Composer/Music Director: Christopher Berg
Choreographer: Pia Monique Murray
Curatorial Consultant: Michelle Levy
Hosting Organization: EFA Project Space