|Ingredients for my Winter Hair Mask|
I'm sure many people are reading this thinking it sounds nice but time consuming- isn't natural hair time consuming enough? When I first started making my own hair products it was very time consuming. But I must admit I loved having an excuse to block off an entire day for pampering. Now that I have a routine and an understanding of how to balance the products, it doesn't take much longer to do my hair with purchased products than homemade products. Like with anything you improve with practice.
Still need to be convinced why you should try your own DIY Kitchen Salon? Check out the benefits I've reaped:
- I've save money because the items I use for my hair are already on my grocery list.
- I've expanded the use of packaging from previously bought products, saving a few more items from a direct trip to the landfill.
- There is no worry of harmful chemicals in my homemade products, its all natural and mostly food. If its safe enough to go in my mouth, it's safe enough to lather all ova' my booooooooody!
- Now that I understand how various ingredients work for my hair and body I can adjust the balance as needed. This is extremely important for moisture and protein balance!
- My hair has improved tenfold! It is much more resistant to breakage; maintains greater moisture and retains length (after eight years of staying at the same length without ever trimming).
- Did I mention I SAVE MONEY?!
So how many of you have I converted? How many already have a thriving kitchen salon? Tell us why you started your kitchen salon and what you love about it.
Those who are new to the DIY practice can go here for some tips on starting your own kitchen salon.