Sunday, November 6, 2011

Style Tutorial: 4 Versions of 1 Twisted Updo

If you're like me, suffering from HIH (hand in hair) syndrome, then protective styles may be helpful in limiting how often you play in your hair. But I like changing my hair every day, I just don't want to lose hair to breakage or stress my edges every time I change a style. So now I think about versatile protective styles; twisted or braided styles that can change looks without requiring additional parting, combing, brushing, unraveling and re-twitsing/re-braiding.

Below was my first attempt and I loved it. Sadly I didn't record myself doing it, but will try to recreate the style this season. I kept the twists in for 1 week and managed to create 4 distinctive looks by styling the twists. The key was the bang that I created with two sets of smaller twists; one from the hairline up (see version 4, photo 3) and the other from the crown down (see version 1, photo 1). When the style had run its course, I loosened the ends of the twists for the final look.

What do you think? Do you have any additional ideas for versatile protective styles?

Version 1



Version 2



Version 3



Version 4



No comments:

Post a Comment