Monday, August 13, 2012

Style Tutorial: Twisted Pin Curl Side-do

I actually wore this style nearly a month ago, but forgot I had taken pictures to share with everyone. Unfortunately I did not get video or still shots throughout the process. It was an impromptu style. I will still give step by step instructions.


Similar to my Rolling Side Puff, this is a "side-do" (like updo, but to the side...yeah I'm making that a thing). I used flat twists here so the style would last longer.


The flat twists went 2/3 of the way across my head. The last third was left for loose twists. Then I pinned the ends of the flat twists and each loose twist into pin curls.


I've been waiting a year to do this style. My hair wasn't quite long enough for the full effect last year. I got the idea from MahoganyKnots on YouTube. Check out her excellent tutorial for details.


No comments:

Post a Comment