Saturday, July 28, 2012

DIY Recipe: Avocado and Oatmeal Face Mask


Today the weather was icky, so I decided to give myself a home spa treatment. The ingredient of the day: AVOCADO. I deep conditioned my hair with my staple moisturizing protein deep conditioner and pampered my face with an avocado oatmeal mask (placing chamomile tea bags on my eyes.) Avocado is a super fruit with so many benefits to hair and skin!


Avocados contain many essential nutrients, proteins, vitamins A, D, E and K, B vitamins, magnesium, copper, iron, folic acid, potassium and amino acids. These ingredients help to repair and replenish dry and damaged hair. The proteins, vitamins B and E found in avocados can also increase the strength and elasticity of hair, giving it a healthy shine and texture... Avocados are high in sterolins, which help to reduce age spots, and help heal sun damage and scars. These sterolins (also called plant steroids) are what help to soften the skin and moisturize it. Using avocados in facemasks can also have a deep cleansing effect, working to remove impurities, wastes and dead skin cells. Facemasks tighten pores, remove excess oil from the skin, and moisturize and replenish dry skin.


Click here for my Coconut milk & honey & avocado moisturizing protein deep conditioner.



Avocado deep conditioner in hair,
 avocado oatmeal face mask,
& avocado plant growing  behind me.

Avocado and Oatmeal Face Mask

No comments:

Post a Comment